Database concepts and the Structured Query Language
● Database Concepts: Introduction to database concepts and its need, Database Management System.
Relational data model: concept of attribute, domain, tuple, relation, candidate key, primary key, alternate key, foreign key.
● Structured Query Language: Data Definition Language, Data Query Language and Data Manipulation Language, Introduction to MySQL: Creating a database, using database, showing tables using MySQL,
● Data Types : char, varchar, int, float, date.
● Data Definition Commands: CREATE, DROP, ALTER (Add and Remove primary key, attribute).
Data Query Commands: SELECT-FROM- WHERE, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, ORDER BY, using arithmetic, logical, relational operators and NULL values in queries, Distinct clause
Data Manipulation Commands: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
Introduction to the Emerging Trends
● Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing,
● Immersive experience (AR, VR), Robotics
● Big data and its characteristics, Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Smart cities,
● Cloud Computing and Cloud Services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS);
● Grid Computing, Block chain technology.