Write a Python Program to Exchange the Values of Two Numbers with Practical Example
Problem Description :
This program reads two integers & swaps their values using user defined function.
1. Take the values of two numbers from the user using the int(input()) function and store it in two variable say num1 and num2
2. Call function swap and pass the given numbers(num1 and num2) as an argument to the swap function.
3. Create a user defined function to say swap which takes the given numbers as an argument using def keyword
4. Receive the values by the two variables x and y.
5. Assign value of x to variable temp and store it in variable temp.
6. Copy the value stored at y to x.
7. Copy the values in the variable temp to y.
8. Print the variables x and y as output and exit
Below is implementation code/Source code of program
This is a Python Program to exchange the values of two numbers using a temporary variable.
def swap(x, y): temp = x x = y y = temp print("After swapping") print("Value of first number :", x) print("Value of second number :", y) num1 = int(input("Enter first number :")) num2 = int(input("Enter second number :")) print("Before swapping") print("Value of first number :",num1) print("Value of second number :",num2) swap(num1,num2)
Enter first number :10 Enter second number :20 Before swapping Value of first number : 10 Value of second number : 20 After swapping Value of first number : 20 Value of second number : 10
You can also check this too
- Python program to delete student data from binary file
- Python program to modify or update student data from binary file
- Python program to get mode and encoding format of file