Write python program to read specific columns in CSV file with Practical Example.
Program Description :
This program reads specific columns of given CSV file and print the contents of columns.
- Include csv module using import statement
- Open csv file say ’emp.csv’ and store it in file object say ‘f’
- Create csv reader object ‘ereader’ using DictReader method of csv module
- Use DictReader method to read all the contents of csv file and pass file object ‘f’ as an argument to DictReader method
- Tranverse through the ereader object using for loop
- Write the name of column that you want to display on console using print function
- Print the content of selected column on console using print statement
Below is implementation code/Source code
import csv with open("emp.csv",newline='') as f: ereader = csv.DictReader(f) print("Display only specific columns") print("EmpNo Salary") print("===============") for row in ereader: print(row['Empno'],row['Salary'])
Below is snapshot of executable code with output